Data Protection Notice
This data protection notice sets out details of the personal data that we collect from you, or which you provide to us, when you visit our website or contact our customer services department. It also sets out details of how we process that personal data, who we disclose it to, and your rights in connection with our processing of your personal data.
Straight Manufacturing Limited of Somerden Road, Hull, HU9 5PE, England is the controller of personal data collected pursuant to this notice. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Data that We Process
We process the following personal data about you:
- Orders – If you place an order on our website we will collect the details of your order, your name, email address, address, and, if you choose to provide it, your phone number. Our third party payment processor will also collect your payment details.
- Accounts – If you create an account with our website, we will collect your name, email address, address and phone number.
- Queries and complaints – If you contact our customer services department with a query or a complaint, we will record details of the query or complaint and how it is dealt with on our systems.
- Email updates – If you subscribe to receiving our email newsletter we will collect your email address.
- Information that is automatically collected – We use certain technologies that collect non-personally identifiable details about how our website is used, such as what pages you visit and how long you stay on them. For more information about these technologies, please see our cookies policy.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
- Orders – We will process your personal data in order to fulfil your order. We process this data on the basis that it is necessary in order for us to perform our obligations under our contract with you to fulfil your order. We will also process aggregated data in relation to the orders that are placed through our website, for the purpose of our internal business analysis processes. Our processing of such data is on the basis of our legitimate interests in operating and improving our business.
- Accounts – We process your personal data in order to provide you with the account feature on our website, which allows you to review your orders, manage your subscription to our email newsletter, and update the details we hold about you. We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interests in making the account feature available to you.
- Queries and complaints – If you contact our customer services department with a query or a complaint, we will process your personal data in order to resolve your query or complaint. We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interests in operating our business and its customer service function.
- Email updates – If you subscribe to receiving our email newsletter we will process your personal data in order to send you those emails, which will be on the basis of having received your consent to send you marketing emails.
- Information that is automatically collected – We process this personal data to help us understand how our website is being used and to help us make improvements to our website. To the extent that this involves the processing of personal data, it will be on the basis of our legitimate interests in making the website available and improving its services.
Personal Data that We Require You to Provide
You are required to provide certain personal data in order for us to enter into a contract with you for the purchase of goods on our website. Where information is required this is indicated during the checkout process. If you do not provide the required information, we will not be able to process your order.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to various recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- Service providers – Our website is operated by a third party service provider, who makes the website and its features available on our behalf. We also use other service providers in the context of operating our business, some of which may have access to your personal data in the context of providing those services. For example, we use various courier and shipping companies to deliver our goods to you.
- Group companies – We operate as part of a group of companies, called IPL Plastics (see here for our group website http://www.iplplastics.com/). Certain services are procured and operated on a group wide basis, which means that another group company acts as a data processor on our behalf when it engages third party service providers to provide those services.
- Purchasers of our business – We may disclose the personal data collected pursuant to this notice to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, where we have sold you a product, we may retain your details for the length of the warranty period in order to ensure that we can process warranty claims.
Withdrawal of Consent
When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or logging into your account on the website. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we will not be able to continue providing you with our email newsletter.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data - You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification - You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure - You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/) or your local supervisory authority.